Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the winner for the most creative way to package a gift goes to...

... Jeanne!

What do you do when you don't have a box that's big enough for what you want to send? You cut up 3 different boxes, turn them inside out, and pull out the tape (of course!). I am seriously in awe over the ingenuity....and I won't lie and say that I didn't enjoy a chuckle as I looked out my window and saw the mail lady trying to hustle across the street with this massive box.

And the reason for this gorgeous display of box rigging is: a fabulous wreath! Would you believe that I've never actually owned a wreath? I have wooden candy canes that I put on my door at Christmas. In fact, I had just procured another wreath hanger as the last one was not to be found....but I digress. As soon as I saw this wreath, I wrenched the door open, flung aside the premature candy canes, and put my new, beautiful, autumnal wreath in its rightful place.

As the kids were not yet home, this lovely self-portrait (sarcasm dripping) was the only way I could think of to show off the apron that Jeanne made. I absolutely love this print. It's so cute that I'm seriously considering cooking food just so I can wear it (but I'm only considering). It even has these huge pockets, and the cutest ric-rac along the bottom. Darling!

And finally is this very thoughtful scrapbook for my family to write what they are thankful for. This is an extremely poignant gift as Tyson's Mom always tried to start this tradition. Since she's been gone 5 years now, Thanksgiving is not the same. (for starters: I dislike cooking and despise vegetables) But I think this cute book is just the thing to start a new tradition!



Oh, and PS....treats!
Thanks so much, Jeanne! I loved it all!





2 comments:

  1. ok. love it ALL, the colors on the tips of the wreath, the apron (and the hot model) but the thing i am most jealous of is the book. gorgeous and what an awesome tradition! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous of anyone that can sew, let alone sew something so cute!!! love it all.

    ReplyDelete